Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Dear India & Lesson Learned


Dear India,

You have taught me so much about myself. Perhaps it was the spiritual energy that you emulated? Or, perhaps it was the simple fact that I navigated my way through your foreign streets by myself? Whatever the reason, I feel stronger and more resilient. I will be forever grateful for the lessons that I have learned from you. I have learned to overcome my fears. I have learned that I am 100% capable of taking care of myself. Most importantly, I have fully embraced who I am. I no longer care what other people think of me. I will no longer waste my energy on trying to get everyone to like me.  People can judge me all they want, I really don't care. 





I am outgoing. I can be crazy.  I like to travel.  I am emotional.  I am expressive.  I get easily excited.  I am a dork.  I can be a drama queen.  I am opinionated. Sometimes I make bad decisions because I am impulsive. However, sometimes that impulsiveness leads to grand adventures like visiting you, dear India.   


I have many passions.  I love fashion. I like to cook but will only do so when I have someone to dine with.  I secretly want to be a journalist or a photographer. I believe in fighting for women's rights and I am against animal cruelty. I enjoy learning about different religions but I will always stay true to my faith. I love deeply and with all of my heart. I can’t wait to have children. I have many friends but very few people know the deep secrets of my heart. I have made mistakes and I have learned to live with those mistakes. 

When I’m old and grey, I hope to spend my last years on this earth, working on the mission field in Africa. 

I am “ME” flaws and all. 

Signed,
MISS AMY

5 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog Amy. Does this mean your time in India is coming to an end? If so... Where are you off to now? Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary! I'm in Hong Kong visiting my Dad...then off to the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...I had traveled few places you wrote..but not enjoyed. you made it beautiful in writing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karthik for reading and commenting on my blog! What countries have you visited? I love hearing about other people's travel adventures!

      Delete
    2. Hi Amy,

      Well I am an Indian and living in south part. Had been to many places in my country...I know how the life in the city to a remote village here...a tougher country with lots of politics We still behind but have learnt many things from here ...You have explained India in a very positive way..We are proud about that...but many are living in below poverty line and we couldn't do anything about it which concerns us...

      I love travelling and exploring many cultures...I glad that my profession gave me a chance to see. I am a marine engineer.. traveled few places on profession..but I spend time to visit many places while in the stay....Hongkong, Yokohama (japan), Honolulu, Manzanillo (mexico), Singapore, Richards bay (south Africa)...

      I will move to Saudi Arabia soon, will work on Oil rigs..

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers! XOXO