Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Dear India & Lesson Learned


Dear India,

You have taught me so much about myself. Perhaps it was the spiritual energy that you emulated? Or, perhaps it was the simple fact that I navigated my way through your foreign streets by myself? Whatever the reason, I feel stronger and more resilient. I will be forever grateful for the lessons that I have learned from you. I have learned to overcome my fears. I have learned that I am 100% capable of taking care of myself. Most importantly, I have fully embraced who I am. I no longer care what other people think of me. I will no longer waste my energy on trying to get everyone to like me.  People can judge me all they want, I really don't care. 





I am outgoing. I can be crazy.  I like to travel.  I am emotional.  I am expressive.  I get easily excited.  I am a dork.  I can be a drama queen.  I am opinionated. Sometimes I make bad decisions because I am impulsive. However, sometimes that impulsiveness leads to grand adventures like visiting you, dear India.   


I have many passions.  I love fashion. I like to cook but will only do so when I have someone to dine with.  I secretly want to be a journalist or a photographer. I believe in fighting for women's rights and I am against animal cruelty. I enjoy learning about different religions but I will always stay true to my faith. I love deeply and with all of my heart. I can’t wait to have children. I have many friends but very few people know the deep secrets of my heart. I have made mistakes and I have learned to live with those mistakes. 

When I’m old and grey, I hope to spend my last years on this earth, working on the mission field in Africa. 

I am “ME” flaws and all. 

Signed,
MISS AMY