Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Downpour in Delhi=Free Shower

Today I got caught in a Delhi Down Pour. Luckily I was in the safety of an auto rickshaw, which is an open aired mini taxi. The rain whipped, whooshed, and wandered into our vehicle creating a puddle of muddy water at my feet. I didn't mind though because I haven't seen rain in nine months. I have always loved the rain as it reminds me of rebirth. In someways that's what this trip is to me, a chance for new life. 

As I continued to contemplate life's deep meaning, I witnessed a most hilarious scene. As I peered out into the pouring rain, breathing in my surroundings, I was shocked to see two boys running around in the rain, NAKED. Shampoo suds oozed from their heads as they laughed and frolicked in circles, tromping though the rain. I gasped, shielded my eyes, and chuckled. Apparently Delhi downpour equals shower time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers! XOXO