Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh the Splendor...



Today was one of the most memorable days of my life! Why? I basked in the presence of the majestic Taj Mahal! As a little girl, I used to dream of one day visiting this sacred place.  I remember secretly stealing my brother’s Lego magazines just to flip through the pages. The set that always stood out to me was the Taj Mahal ensemble. Even as a little girl, I knew that we were destined to meet. Of this I am sure.


To be honest, I was a little worried that I would be disappointed. After reading so much about the Taj Mahal, gazing at pictures, and dreaming of visiting one day, I was worried that I would be let down. Little did I know that the Taj Mahal would live up to her reputation. Getting the first glimpse of the Taj Mahal brought tears of joy to my eyes. I was shocked at my reaction. How could an ancient tomb provoke such emotions? Maybe it was the fact that a long time ago, a little girl had a dream, and today that dream took flight. 

Every teacher has a favorite subject to teach. For me, my first love is history. Very view things excite me more than studying the past. Anything ancient, with a story behind it, and I’m in my element. Before the eyes of my students,  I love making the past come to life. As far as I am concerned, each trip I take and each memory I make while traveling, somehow molds me into a better teacher. Now when the history book calls for a lesson on the Taj Mahal, I will have a real life experience to pass on to my students!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers! XOXO