Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pigs Make Happy













Apparently it's mating season for the pigs in India. Yep, you heard me! Today I witnessed the most traumatizing event, two pigs "getting their groove on." I was in a taxi on the way to view a Hindi temple. I happened to glance out my window at the wooded area across from the temple. "PIGS" I squealed as I spotted a group of wild pigs. Upon closer examination, I realized that two of them were mating.  Yep, out in broad daylight with absolutely no shame! I started to scream as I pointed the pigs out to the driver. I covered my face with my hands and giggled, "They are mating!"          

His reply was priceless as he chuckled, "Pigs make very very happy." At that point, I burst out laughing and the driver joined me. I think we were both laughing at each other's reactions. Even though there was a language barrier, we still managed to share one of those "moments" where it feels so great to be human. As my laughter died down, I thought to myself, "When was the last time I laughed this hard?" Oh India and your many wonders! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers! XOXO