Why Write?


Originally, I created this blog to document my trip to India. Upon my return, I realized that I couldn't shake the writing bug.
So, feel free to read about my adventures in India and stay tuned for my traveling updates!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Only on Air Arabia


Cultural experience to the max! I nestled myself into my seat, blew up my inflatable pillow, and felt the comfortable sound of the plane wheels churning beneath my feet. To this day the experience of taking off down the runway always makes me excited because it means I am going somewhere. It brings back memories of traveling with my Dad and hearing him make the announcements on the intercom. This sound is so comforting that I can easily fall asleep in my seat if the previous night failed to bring much rest.  I guess being able to sleep on an air-plane comes with the territory of being the daughter of a pilot. Many people complain about staying up on those all night flights, nope not me! It rocks me to sleep like a baby.

After the announcements, as I was drifting off into dreamland, we stalled and halted on the runway. "Oh no," I thought to myself as I anticipated a delay of some sort. "Ladies and gentleman, please pause for a moment of silence as we conduct a prayer for safety." My ears perked up and my eyes widened as I heard the familiar Arabic dialect projected in an ominous tone on the loudspeakers. I glanced around to see if anyone was as shocked as I was to hear a prayer...ON AN AIR-PLANE! I seemed to be the only one fazed by this experience and I thought to myself, "Only on Air Arabia!" 

This would never happen in the states. I was able to grab my camera to record the second half of the prayer.


1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am in awe of your adventurous spirit. I feel that I have become better acqauinted with you, along with my brief encounter with you in Westcliffe as we worked on music together. I have loved every detail of your travels and know that God kept you safe through one country after another because you are precious to him. I will keep you in my prayers and hope for a very bright future for you. I am sorry for some of the bumps you have had to endure but with these we grow into people who can reach out even more. My endless praise for your writing abilities and your willingness to share. Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers! XOXO